The next 3 weeks (Monday 07/09/18 - Friday 07/27/18) will see a totally different approach to our training. We are going back to frequency, we've done this before but not for a long while.
Frequency will see each body part worked almost every workout. This means poundage will be lighter than normal (no more than 60% of max for the first week). One or two compound movements will be featured in each workout. This will help keep the number of exercises to a reasonable number each workout.
Fitness, kettlebell, & cardio will also make their appearances.
- perform enough reps of all exercises to get the body heated.
Work: 4 sets/ 6 reps on ALL, except abs
- quad/ hamstring/low & upper back: power clean
- hamstring: hip extension
- chest: dumbbell flat or incline bench
- back (lats): straight arm lat pull down
- shoulders: dumbbell rear delt raise
- abs: ab wheel: 4 sets/ 20 reps
- arms: day off
Work: Fitness: 10 - 15 minutes
- tabata: cardio piece of choice
- 20 seconds work/ 10 seconds recovery
- repeat 8X = 4 minutes
- 1 minute recovery
- repeat above 2 or 3X